Several days’ worth of new video material will have been uploaded to YouTube by the time you finish reading this article. Crazy, right? – and that’s just one of the many online platforms out there. It has become increasingly challenging to make your content stand out. Therefore, we will discuss how to choose the right video production company to help you reach your target audience and grab their attention.
Why video content is important
People are constantly bombarded by images and messages wherever they look. Most folks don’t even need to look far to interact with the newest content. Everyone carries a smartphone, and even advertising billboards are taking the form of animated video screens. The internet still has some love for articles and other text-based content (after all, you are reading this). Still, video has become the primary way younger people interact and receive information. Entire social media networks are based around video content, and on-the-go streaming has become widespread. We don’t really need to explain why you should hire a professional video editing company. Instead, let’s talk about how to choose the right video production company for your project.
What kind of project do you need the production company for?
Start by defining your project. This can help pinpoint the right company for you. What type of project you have in mind will also determine your needs. But don’t stress out if you don’t have all the answers. A professional production company can help guide you towards the best solutions for your ideas. Consider the following:
- Your project’s size and scope – it’s good to have a rough idea of how much footage you are expecting to capture. On the other hand, if you already have material that needs editing, what length is it?
- Do you have any specific post-production needs – do you require any additional effects to be added to the post? What kinds of editing do you need, just a few cuts here and there, or something more complex?
- Are you facing any deadlines you need to meet – complex projects will require more time. Deadlines are good to know before you even pick up a camera.
You probably know the purpose you intend the video to serve. Look for a company that has experience producing the types of video you need. The most common types of video projects we deal with at Lautus Lowell are:
- Internal company videos – these are intended as private showreels for your company, or perhaps edited and trimmed Skype or Zoom calls that focus on meeting details for faster review.
- Highlight reels of personal footage (weddings, holidays, etc.) – capturing tons of footage at private events is common. But be realistic, how often are you going to sit down and watch the entire thing? Professionally edited highlight reels are like a godsend because they can trim down hours of drawn-out footage into just a few dynamic minutes.
- Music videos – nothing gets people into the groove better than a video cut to the beat of the music. Dynamic angles and fast cuts are very common in this type of project.
- Sports events – often filmed by multiple cameras and requiring zooms, rewinds, and slow-motion replays. For video of amateur sports games, you should consider adding an overlay that displays the score and other relevant information.
- Photoshoots and content marketing – social media has blurred the lines between still images and animated content. Many photo shoots require capturing video material intended for online posting. The reverse is also true – capturing some photos while filming is taking place can be an excellent tool for building up interest in the project. However, social media marketing trends go way beyond the scope of what we can cover here. It has become hard to keep track of what’s going on on social media and the current trends. Whichever way you choose to look at it – content creation is still the driving force behind every social network. That’s where the photo and video material come in; they are the content that is trending and getting passed around.
How to choose the right video production company
Now that you know what kind of video you need, the next step is finding the right company to help you realize your vision. You can look up production companies online or contact them directly to find out if they are right for you.
Look at their portfolio
This will give you a good idea if the production company has the type of experience in projects that are similar to yours. Most companies will have showreels that combine different types of projects they have worked on. If you don’t find what you need in their portfolio, you can go ahead and ask them if they have footage that is more like what you had in mind.
Ask them about their process
Can they handle all of your project stages, and what will it look like if they see your idea through from start to finish? Will you be using them for filming or just editing your pre-existing footage and a few touch-ups in the post? Establishing clear communication with the production company will let you know what to expect regarding the required work timeline. They might also have some interesting ideas about the project that you haven’t thought of.
Do they offer any other services?
Inquire with the production company about what is included in their offer and if they can provide any additional services. Once you know what you can expect from the production company, you may even want to expand the scope of your initial ideas. Here are some additional services production companies can offer:
- Music – the right choice of tune can make your video pop
- Marketing – spreading your video online and generating additional buzz.
- Photography – organizing professional photo sessions.
- Audio mixing – combining audio tracks of different levels and removing noise from videos.
Don’t feel overwhelmed; figuring out how to choose the right video production company isn’t that difficult. After all, video is a visual medium, and you will quickly know if you like what you see. And if what you have seen on our site appeals to you, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to help you tell the story you had in mind.
For video Production & Photography Quotes, call 0203 885 0880 or email below: